If you are one of the above, then marketing agencies should be following your every move. Gartner has studied how certain people influence their social network in buying decisions.
- Connectors – have many people in their network and introduce people
- Salesmen – have many people in their network and are persuaders
- Mavens – are subject experts
- Seekers – reach out for buying advice
- Self-Sufficient – are researchers who make up their own mind
It is particularly interesting that 20% of the population is one of three – Connectors, Salesmen or Mavens. It is this 20% that influences 74% of the population in their shopping decisions.
Here is the link to the article if you want to learn more.