Looking for more ways to engage with consumers? Looking for something a bit different than what your competitors are doing? User generated visual commerce is what you are subconsciously looking for.
Why User Generated Content (UGC) is more effective?
Think of User Generated Content (UGC) as the modern day word-of-mouth; customers trust other customers. A recent study from Ipsos showed that UGC is 20% more influential when it comes to online purchases and 35% more memorable compared to other types of media.
Word-of-mouth marketing isn’t anything new however by transferring the same principles online opens up greater opportunities. Businesses will be able to build a brand online that will not only engage but will also inspire. It sounds like a dream on the distance now but it can become a reality by implementing a UGC strategy that will encourage customers to create high quality visual content for your website.
You can really use the power of social media to reach out to customers to start networking and encouraging them to start creating good quality UGC. Users will feel proud of their contribution and will more than likely share it. This will have a greater reach than if you were to produce content and share with your fans and followers.
The ideal scenario would be to have an endless stream of high quality UGC, thus creating regular content that will have a greater reach and is trusted by customers.
What is User Generated Visual Commerce?
User Generated Visual Commerce is exactly what it says on the tin; visual content that has been added to your website by the customer. It is the next natural product of how consumers are interacting with brands and social.
Because of the booming popularity of visual social networking sites such as Instagram and Pinterest, consumers are becoming a lot more involved in the marketing of eCommerce businesses without even knowing it. For example, a customer buys a piece of jewellery online and takes a photo wearing it and posts it on Instagram, tagging the eCommerce store. Those that follow the customer are now aware of the eCommerce store and almost automatically trust it because someone they know and follow trusts it. It comes back to the modern day word-of-mouth marketing.
Now that we live in a time where ‘selfies’ are a part of daily life, why not make the most of them and turn them into sales. There are some great tools online that you can use to take advantage of user generated photos and to improve conversions. For example you could discover a regularly used and relevant hashtag on Instagram and feature photo testimonials on your website. You can even include user generated photos on individual product pages. Using user generated photos on your eCommerce store can increase conversions up to 21% and increase engagement up to 15%.
Why Visual Testimonials Are More Effective Than Traditional Testimonials?
“Seeing is believing”… consumers will trust your testimonials more if they are visual. There are a number of reasons why visual testimonials are more effective than written testimonials. Here are a few of those reasons:
1. Increases Audience Retention – Consumers will love to have their photos and selfies featured on their favourite website. By including their photo/selfie on your product pages or as visual testimonials will instantly establish engagement and recognition with customers.
2. Creates higher authenticity and increase trustworthiness – According to a recent study, 92% of customers trust other customers more than traditional forms of advertising. Having visual testimonials is far more trustworthy to a consumer than having the generic “good service and speedy delivery” type testimonial.
3. Increases visibility of products – Featuring customer selfies on your product pages will give those who are looking to buy an idea of what the product looks like. This is even more important when it comes to jewellery and clothing as a customer can really see the style and fit.
4. Extends the reach of your products – Using an app for visual testimonials can generate a pre-defined hashtag so that when a user shares their selfie, your product is shared along with it. This lets you reach out to consumers who might not yet be a fan or follower.
5. Enhances brand loyalty – Because you are actively engaging with your customers and featuring their photo on your website, they feel they have been rewarded for their purchase. The next time they are looking for a product you have, they will more than likely think of your brand first.
6. Convenience – Customers will be more willing to take photos/selfies if they will be featured on your website. By using an app, the hashtag they use will automatically aggregate the image on your website. Using a visual testimonial app makes UGC a lot easier for both customer and you.
How to Implement an Effective Visual Commerce Strategy
Now that you know why user generated visual content is effective for online business, it is time to learn how to create a successful strategy. To help you, we have created a downloadable whitepaper for you to work through and always refer back to.
You can download the guide by clicking here.